- I love to laugh – and I love romance.
- I am unapologetically sentimental. Weddings, still choke me up.
- I take my job very seriously, but I am not a serious person.
- I frequently dance poorly but with great enthusiasm.
- My wife tells me I have the best job in the world. I agree with her. She is amazing. She makes me laugh and challenges me to ‘be awesome’
- I enjoy solving problems because for me it is not just about taking pictures.
- I love telling visual stories. Let’s tell your story together
Candid. Natural. Authentic.
I want you to have amazing pictures and I believe the best photos come from moments that happen naturally.
Before the wedding day, I will work with you on your timeline, making sure we streamline the photo process so that you can spend most of your day enjoying yourself with your guests. During portraits, I will guide you through the process and talk to you so that you look your natural best and feel comfortable. The rest of the day – I let the events unfold, without interfering, and capture it as it happens.
As a small boy, I would sit for hours watching my mother Hand-color Portraits for a local photographer, during the cold winter months, by a fire in our family room. From watching I began taking my own pictures with my first box camera. Fast forward to a restless twenty-something working as a Microbiologist. Taking weddings and portraits on weekends because that was a lot more fun. Eventually I graduated college with an M.A. in Photography and started out in Chicago, by assisting numerous photographers, shooting everything from oranges to weddings. I have been fortunate to have worked all over the world. Photography is more than a job, it’s an avocation, a passion, it's what I do.